Key Analytics Indicators: (By Office Location and or Parent/Subsidiary, and domestic, international; international may be further defined by Asia Pac, Europe, Latin America, etc.
By Total Headcount, Revenue generating headcount and non-revenue generating headcount and by employee cost:
- Spend by Vendor ratio
- Spend by Vendor Category ratio
- Spend by Vendor Sub Category ratio
- Spend by key product category (e.g. copier equipment/service & maintenance, office supplies, printing supplies, IT (software, hardware)
- Spend by individual commodity or service
- Other TBD, customized by industry, customer
Procurement Contract Enforcement by contract, by vendor, by product/service:
- Compare unit cost spent/paid vs. unit cost in contract; identify deviances;
- “Preprocessing” of Data; billed invoice data from vendor in TBD flat file format vs. contract standard; accept, reject, exception results.
- Compare SLA adherence to contract vs. actual (SLAs for on-time delivery, turn-around time, substitutions, defect %, etc., TBD).
Benchmark above ratios by same/different:
- geographic region US, international,
- size of entity (by headcount range; 0-500 employees, 501 to 1,000, 1001 to 2,000, 2,000-5,000, 5,001-10,000, 10,001 to 20,000, 20,001-35,000, 35,001-50,000, 50,001-100,000, 100,001-200,000 and by additional 100,000 intervals)
Benchmarking requires the following data be provided by each entity by region/office and by Business Unit/Cost Center (if available):
- Total headcount
- Total revenue generating headcount
- Total non-generating headcount
- Total employee costs revenue, non-revenue generating, all headcount
- Spend by category, sub category
- Spend by vendor in total and by individual commodity/service
- Contracted unit costs, SLAs by commodity/service category and individual by vendor